Mr. HARSH VARDHAN BHAGCHANDKA, International Panaacea Limited (IPL) New Delhi, India
IPL is the biotech arm of the M2K group of companies. IPL is primarily engaged in manufacturing bio-inoculants like bio-fertilizers, bio-pesticides, bio-fungicides, plant growth promoter and decomposer which are approved for organic farming. We have a collaboration with ICAR (Indian Council of Agriculture Research) for ensuring quality standards & product testing. IPL markets its products in 14 states pan-India and has obtained licenses for international distribution in SAARC & Central Asia.
• Responsible for organizational restructuring; have moved away from non-core farming business to focus on core R&D activities and marketing of 50+ product line of bio inoculants
• Provide overall strategic direction; currently investing in building R&D capabilities to diversify into other product lines (for environmental and human use)
• Managed business expansion into international markets, currently in process of obtaining licenses in Europe, America
• Diversifying business by marketing to large corporates, have established relationships with Dabur, Shakti Sugar etc.
• Have started manufacturing products for large-scale chemical companies seeking to diversify into organic products
• Oversee product manufacturing; instrumental in setting up a new facility to increase manufacturing bandwidth for increased current and anticipated future demand
• Manage staff of 10+ R&D specialists & 450+ team (manufacturing, sales/marketing, head office) spread across India
• Manage budgets and decide on new investments, new product lines and new markets
• Responsible for steering company from negative to positive growth within a 1.5 year period. Consistently leading with growth from last 8 years.
• International Panaacea Ltd. (Aug 2005-July 2006) – Trained in all departments; spent time at the factory to understand the manufacturing capabilities, worked in rural parts of the country with the marketing team and also trained at the Head Office
• M2K Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. (June –Aug 2008) – Trained in Accounts Department to understand financial analysis and taxation
• Minda Corporation (July -Aug 2009) – Worked in HR department, assisting in KRA target setting and implementation
• M2K Cinemas (June-Aug 2010) – Worked under Head of Operations to understand operations management
Indian School of Business - ISB Hyderabad & Mohali
Management for Family Business – MFAB 2014-2015
Studied Leadership Skills, Critical Thinking and Integrative Thinking, Global Awareness & Ethical Responsibility.
Regent’s College London,UK
B.Sc. (Hons.) Global Management 2008-2011
• Studied International Business, Economics, Marketing & Finance
• Transferred in second year from Bachelors in Business, Purdue University, Indiana
Millfield School Somerset,UK
High School 2003- 2005
• Completed A-levels from Millfield School after transferring from Modern School, New Delhi in Class 10
• House Prefect and member of Cricket team
• A-levels – Business Studies, Math’s and Accounting
LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES & OTHER INITIATIVES
• Member of Young Indians Group, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
• Member of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
• Attended one week at the world-renowned Kellogg School of Management in the Evanston, Chicago (2014).
• Attended Executive Marketing Course at London School of Economics (2013)
• Attended Agricultural Input Marketing Course at Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad (2011)
• Instrumental in establishing partnership with Millfield School, UK to set up a campus in Gurgaon, India
• Established partnership with Martin Aircraft Company to market, manufacture and sell jetpacks in SAARC region
• Community Work: Volunteered for 60 hours at Widow’s Ashram in Vrindavan; did cooking, cleaning and ashram work to help the widows